We have a few tips to help you get through the last of the sloggy cold blustery days.
The first half of winter had us hydrating inside and out with water and shea as well as coconut butters topically. The 2nd half we are recommending exfoliation and hydration to complete the process. This means a good alpha beta hydroxy acid 3 times weekly minimum… daily for those with oily tissue.
Mother Nature knows best and the most magnificent machine you will ever be given is your own beautiful body. That being said please remember pure whole organic foods, free of pesticides, growth hormones, additives, preservatives, food colorings and genetically modified ingredients are the ideal way to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Here is a list of foods that you add to your grocery list to help finish off the last of those chilly days:
1. Raw cacao of chocolate – Improves mood by increasing serotonin and other positive brain chemicals, Contains magnesium, Good for heart health, insomnia, bone density, hormonal balance, High in Vitamin C and electrolytes, High in antioxidants, slows aging and disease process
2. Maca – Incredible hormone regulation from the top down, Works from pituitary gland, Adrenal support for strong steady energy, Thyroid support for healthy metabolism, Reproductive support, Balances hormones and reduces hot flashes, Libido support, Rich in B vitamins
3. Flax Seed – Excellent raw materials for helping create healthy reproductive hormones, Anti-inflammatory, Good for healthy colon, Helps improve hormonal balance, Increase electrons which gives you energy and high cellular health, Possible anti-cancer properties
4. Sprouts – Dense in nutrients and high in protein, Trace minerals, Alkalizing, Improves metabolism, Reduces appetite, Anti cancer
5. Kombucha – Helps to suppport digestion, Improves healthy gut bacteria which in turn produces serotonin (a good mood balancer), Rich in enzymes which energize entire body and all organs and neurotransmitters, Rich in B-Vitamin Complex, Alkalizing and metabolism increase, Has been used by some women as part of breast cancer treatment plan
6. Marin Phytoplankton – Strong antioxidant support, Blood sugar balancer, Alkalizing and improves metabolism, Helpful with depleted levels of minerals from processed food diet
7. Goji Berries – Extremely high antioxidants, High in Vitamin C, Complete protein containing all amino acids, Human growth hormone factors, Rich in polysaccharide sugars for healthy immune system
8. Coconut – Anti-bacterial, Anti-Fungal, Anti-Viral, Improves metabolism, Increases energy, Alkalizing, Rich in electrolytes, Contains chain link of amino acid from mothers milk, healthy source of saturated fats.
9. Hemp Seed – Raw materials for healthy hormones, Delivers chlorophyll for nourishment and cleansing, Anti-Inflammatory, Complete protein, Omega 3 and Omega 6 present in healthy ratio
10. Sea vegetables – Helps with thyroid and breast health, Weight loss aid, Cancer protection, Breast health, High mineral content good for blood sugar and focus as well as clarity.
This information was gathered through Dr. Ariel Policano a leading naturopathic physician who focuses on women’s health. We hope it helps to support you as you go about your business taking good care of yourself and feeling well.